Kid Friendly Recipes
Make Your Kids Smile with These “Better-Than-A-Sandwich” School Lunch Ideas
I’ll admit it, I’m guilty of making the plain ol’ peanut butter and jelly sandwich for my kids. But this year, I’m determined to give them a smile at lunchtime by providing healthy and exciting lunches. So, when you need food ideas, where do you turn? To Pinterest of course!
Here are some of my favorite school lunch ideas that have fun themes or recipes that kids are sure to enjoy – don’t miss that brownie recipe with hidden veggies – it sounds like a perfect lunchbox treat (or afternoon snack).
- Tortilla Pinwheel Lollipops
- Pizza Muffins
- Stuffed Crescent Rolls
- Make Your Own Party Pinwheels
- Mickey Mouse Lunch with Homemade Pizza Lunchable
- Star Wars Lunch
- Barnyard Lunch with Homemade Yogurt Drink
- Cheesy Chicken Salad
- Vegetarian Bento Box Ideas
- 50 Gluten Free & Organic Lunchbox Ideas
- Under the Sea Lunch: Fish Bites and Seashells & Cheese
- Copycat Lunchable with Meat & Cheese
- Banana Dog
- Make Your Own Mini Pizza
- Chicken Parm Meatball Pops
- DIY Smucker’s Uncrustables
- “Not so Blonde” Brownie Recipe with Hidden Veggies
I hope some of these have inspired you for more great lunch box ideas. Don’t be afraid to try new things or just spice up some old favorites. Adding a special note, stickers, or other touch can also help make a plain lunch even more special!
What are some of your “better-than-a-sandwich” lunch ideas? Will you try one of these recipes or do you have one that should be added to this list? Let me know!