Peanut Butter Swirl Bars Recipe
Bar cookies are some of my favorite not only because they are much quicker than scooping cookies, but a lot of the time they seem to be more moist. The combination of chocolate and peanut butter is one of the most popular flavor combinations, definitely one of my favorites.
These Peanut Butter Swirl Bars make a great after school treat, gift for a friend or neighbor, or even dessert for a special dinner.
Peanut Butter Swirl Bars
- 1/2 cup Peanut Butter (crunchy or plain)
- 1/3 cup Butter
- 3/4 cup Brown Sugar
- 3/4 cup White Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla
- 1 cup Flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 6 oz (about 1 cup or so) Chocolate Chips (I use Milk Chocolate)
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Spray 13x9 baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
2. Cream together butter, both sugars and peanut butter.
3. Add the eggs and vanilla, mix well.
4. Add the dry ingredients and mix until well combined. Spread in prepared baking dish.
5. Sprinkle with chocolate chips on top.
6. Place in oven for 5 minutes, remove and swirl chips into peanut butter mixture with a knife. Return to oven and bake for 25-30 minutes longer.
7. Cool and cut into bars.