Quick and Easy Dinner Ideas: Barbeque Chicken Salad Recipe
Like most families, we have picky eaters. And pair that with plenty of leftovers, you have a refrigerator full of food going bad. Over the years I have learned to create several dishes from a single roasted chicken. This Barbecue Chicken Salad is a perfect way to use up leftovers and with only 4 ingredients it goes together in a flash!
What if you don't have leftover chicken though? Or perhaps running behind on fixing dinner after the kids' baseball game?
Not a problem...simply grab a Rotisserie Chicken from the deli at your favorite store, a bottle of your favorite barbecue sauce, a bag of French Fried Onion Rings and a box of salad mix and you are all set. It's that easy!
So, what about those picky eaters that won't eat salad? We serve our son just the chicken and heat up a vegetable or quick side dish.
Barbecue Chicken Salad Recipe
- Chicken - leftover, Rotisserie from the Deli, or breasts, anything will work
- Barbecue Sauce - 1 bottle of your favorite brand
- French Fried Onions - 1 bag
- Salad - we like Spring Mix
1. Pour barbecue sauce over chicken and turn to coat
2. Wash salad mix and place on plate
3. Top with chicken and then onions