Quick Weekday Dinner: One Dish Chicken Parmesan Recipe
Italian suppers are easy to make and sometimes messy as well. But boy can you make a lot of food, so much that we inevitably end up with leftover pasta or sauce. I just never can seem to get them to balance out. But leftovers are a budgets' best friend, and using them can be simple and delicious.
As a young boy I always felt this was a special meal whenever my mom would serve it, and every time I make this, the memories come flooding back. Whether served over a bed of perfectly al dente noodles for dinner, or at lunch as a sandwich you can't go wrong with this simple One Dish Chicken Parmesan Recipe. I love the combination of textures and flavors and the kids never leave any on their plates so I know it's good.
When I don't have the time to whip up some homemade sauce, I'll grab a jar of my favorite spaghetti sauce out of the pantry to make a simple and quick weekday dinner.
One Dish Chicken Parmesan Recipe
- 4 boneless chicken breasts, split and pounded to ½ inch thickness
- 1 egg
- ½ cup milk
- 1 cup Italian seasoned bread crumbs
- 2 to 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Mozzarella cheese, 8 slices
- 1 jar Spaghetti Sauce or about 2 cups homemade
- Parmesan cheese
- Mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Parsley flakes, optional
1. Whisk together egg and milk
2. Dip chicken breast into egg and milk mixture then in bread crumbs
3. Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat and brown chicken on both sides until golden brown
4. Place sliced mozzarella on each chicken breast
5. Spoon on prepared Spaghetti Sauce
6. Add shredded Parmesan and Mozzarella cheeses to the top
7. Heat until cheese is melted
8. Sprinkle with parsley if desired, serve over pasta or rice