Raspberry Oatmeal Bars Recipe: Less Sugar, Great Taste!
With summer just around the corner, we're all thinking about wearing shorts or bathing suits and heading to the beach. Cutting back on sugar is sometimes difficult, especially if you're a dessert lover like I am. Not all desserts needs to be loaded with sugar though to enjoy them.
These Raspberry Oatmeal Bars are packed with flavor and have 80% less sugar than the full-sugar version. I used Truvia Baking Blend, which is a sugar substitute blend of zero-calorie Truvia natural sweetener and sugar. You could also use another stevia product, although I really like how Truvia tastes, honestly I can't tell the difference when I bake with it.
You can also use it in any baking recipe that calls for sugar, just use 1/2 the amount of Truvia to sugar, so if the recipe calls for 1 cup of sugar, use 1/2 cup of Truvia. And vice-versa, if a recipe, like these Raspberry Oatmeal Bars, calls for Truvia and you want to use sugar, just double the amount.
Raspberry Oatmeal Bars Recipe
- 2 cups old fashioned oats
- 2 cups flour, all-purpose
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3/4 cup butter, unsalted, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/3 cup Truvia Baking Blend
- 4 cups raspberries, fresh or frozen
- 1/2 cup Truvia Baking Blend
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/3 cup cornstarch
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees and spray a 13x9 baking dish with cooking spray
2. Add crust ingredients to a large bowl and blend well
3. Add about 2/3 of the mixture to the baking dish and press to form crust
4. In a large bowl, combine filling ingredients and mix well. Spread over crust.
5. Top with remaining oatmeal mixture
6. Bake at 325 degrees for about 30-40 minutes or until golden brown
7. Cool and cut into squares to serve