Simplify Your Life With Freezer Cooking!
Freezer cooking is such a wonderful way to fill your freezer with delicious and nutritious meals that you can have ready at the end of a hard day. You can do it all at once or a little at a time, but one thing is for certain - it will save you tons of time during the week!
There are several ways to go about stocking your freezer with meals. You could just head to the store and buy several ready to cook freezer meals and be done with it. However, cooking the meals at home yourself is so much more inexpensive and healthy. You know exactly what's going into the dish, and you can cook according to your family's tastes.
Are you ready to get started with freezer cooking? Here are some ideas and tips that might help.
One Day Freezer Cooking
Many freezer cooking folks like to choose one day of the month and have a HUGE freezer cooking day. This is a great way to do it because you're really only spending one day, and you'll have tons of meals to show for it. In order to have a successful one-day Freezer Cooking Session keep these things in mind:
- It always goes quicker when you're having a good time so ask a friend or family member to join in.
- Plan every recipe you'll make ahead of time.
- Choose dishes you can make with ingredients you already have in the house to save money.
- Check, and double check, that you have all the ingredients and necessary cooking tools to cook everything on your list. Last minute substitutions can be very frustrating.
Small Batch Freezer Cooking
If you don't have time to set aside an entire day for freezer cooking you can still take advantage of the convenience of it. Many people do small batch freezer cooking which can stock your freezer a little at a time. Here are some ways you can use small batch freezer cooking:
- Cook extra while making a meal. If you are planning to make a dish that freezes well, get the ingredients to make 2 and freeze one for later.
- Plan a few minutes each week to make one thing to stock your freezer with. Consider homemade convenience foods like beans, fruit for smoothies, and more.
Resources for Freezer Cooking
Now that you've decided you want to give freezer cooking a try, here are some excellent resources on Freezer cooking for you to peruse: