Surprise Mom With This Simple Breakfast Pizza Recipe
In our house, when there is a holiday, as soon as you get out of bed in the morning you better begin celebrating. So this Mother’s Day I’m thinking of starting her day with breakfast in bed with this Breakfast Pizza and a few of her favorite magazines.
This Breakfast Pizza goes together really quickly even if you don’t normally spend your time in the kitchen. Using puffed pastry for the crust is pretty much foolproof, just don’t panic when you see how much if puffs up before you put the toppings on. With just a little supervision even the kids could assemble this for Mom, and with their imaginations the choice of toppings could get very adventurous.
This Breakfast in Bed with Breakfast Pizza, Cinnamon Roll Doughnuts, Fruit Salad and Coffee is sure to make Mom feel extra special! Add a few of her favorite magazines and some flowers and she will love it!
Breakfast Pizza Recipe
- 1 puffed pastry sheet
- 1-2 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 4-6 large eggs
- 4-6 tablespoons milk
- 4 strips of bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup shredded cheese, any kind is fine
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Roll out puffed pastry on a greased baking sheet.
3. Brush olive oil on puffed pastry and cook for 10-12 minutes, just until it starts to brown.
4. While the puffed pastry is cooking whisk together the eggs and milk. Scramble over medium heat, just until they set. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
5. After pastry has begun to brown, top with eggs, crumbled bacon and cheese.
6. Place back in oven and cook until cheese has melted and is bubbly.
7. Garnish with green onions, if desired