I bet you're thinking I'm going to be taking some more pot shots at a few screwed up reality stars but think again! The losers I'm talking about are the ones who lost a boat load of weight this year and are lean and mean in 2012. As a serial dieter, I always love to see people who can shed a significant amount of weight and keep it off for more than a few months. And since I've tried every plan from Weight Watchers to Jenny and now to the Biggest Loser Diet plan, I hope to show an incredible before and after picture real soon. For now, here's my list of the top celebrity losers of the year...
1. Kirstie Alley - I was flipping through People Magazine's Half their Size issue this week and was truly amazed to see Kirstie Alley looking absolutely gorgeous after losing over 100 pounds with Organic Liaison - an organic meal plan and diet supplements that help curve cravings so you can lose weight.
2. Jonah Hill - The comedy star looks as if he lost half a person and now, he even has a girlfriend (Dustin Hoffman's daughter if you're curious). Jonah also lost the weight on his own - without the help of a diet plan or an endorsement deal. I'm impressed - just wonder if he's going to be as funny if he doesn't look as chubby.
3. Ricki Lake - Ricki is a perennial loser - having shed an entire person back in her early twenties. Though she's yo-yo'd like every other mom I know, once she signed on as a contestant for "Dancing with the Stars," the weight literally began to melt away. These days, she looks positively radiant as she prepares to re-marry and embark on a comeback to talk TV.
4. Carrie Fisher - After battling the bulge for several years, Fisher shed 50 pounds in 2011 on Jenny. Even more impressive is that at 55, Carrie looks like she stepped into a time machine. Princess Leia, could that be you?
5. Jennifer Hudson - Sure, she technically reached her goal weight more than a year ago, but even more amazing is that by counting Weight Watcher points and working out like a fiend, Jennifer Hudson transformed her body, kept off the weight and is still going strong. And coming soon, an autobiography about her life called I Got This: How I Changed My Ways and Lost What Weighed me Down.
Are there any celebrity losers you're particularly impressed with this year?