5 Tips to Freshen Your Home on a Budget from Kmart's Design Officer
This winter I have been sharing some tips on how to decorate your home even when you are on a budget (or no budget at all).
I am continuing to do so because I believe anyone can have a beautiful home, no matter what your budget is.
I had an opportunity to get some inexpensive and practical decorating tips from Kmart's Chief Home Design Strategy and Branding Officer, Theresa Strickland, especially for Lifetime Moms readers. Theresa shared her top 5 tips on how to make your home feel fresh on a budget, with product recommendations from Kmart's home decorating department.
Five top tips for making your home feel fresh on a budget from Theresa Strickland.
1. Move your furniture around by creating conversational seating.
2. Apply a new rug that lifts the colors from your upholstery onto the floor in the middle of the conversational seating.
You can get beautiful Jaclyn Smith rugs at Kmart starting at $79.99 that will fill the room. Theresa's favorite is the Jaclyn Smith Forest Floor Rug pictured.
3. Update your upholstery with new throw pillows and a cozy throw for the sofa. Pick these out while you are buying the rug to match.
4. Windows are easy to update with new shears or coverings. Depending on your home, take a look at updating your windows with the same color scheme. Window coverings start at $8.99 for Kmart Jaclyn Smith’s line, for example the Jaclyn Smith Slate Blue Sheer Window Panel pictured below.
5. Don’t forget about the mantelpiece in your home. It is a great place to show off seasonal products. Don’t be afraid to add foliage on the base and display pictures or votives on top. Dressing up the mantel is an easy way to make an impact in the family room.