Continue Random Acts of Kindness
February is all about love, romance and celebrating kindness. After Valentine's Day I wrote a post Valentine's Day is over, but continue the love and encouraged everyone to continue the feeling of Valentine's Day and possibly even "celebrating" Valentine's Day on a random day. With this I mean that we should not celebrate love only one day a year, but all year round!
February is announced to be the Random Acts of Kindness Month, and I am now asking you not to stop it, just because the month is ending. Incorporate random acts of kindness in your every day life, and you will live happier. I know there has to be some research made that you'll also live healthier, the fact that you will feel better for being a good person just has to bring your stress level down. Attract good karma by doing good! Here are ten simple ideas you can do almost anytime.
1. Give a book or a DVD that you have enjoyed to a friend. If they made you feel good, your friend will feel good about you giving her a gift and for enjoying the book/movie.
2. Let someone go in the front of you in a line. I know you are busy, so is everyone else, that's why this very small gesture will feel so much bigger!
3. Offer to babysit your friends kids so she can get her hair done, or just take a shower that lasts for longer than five minutes.
4. Send a small gift for your children's teacher. It doesn't have to be expensive, maybe just a handmade card thanking her for her hard work.
5. Bake cupcakes and take them to work and share with everyone.
6. Leave a large tip for your waitress.
7. Comment on your friend's Facebook page how much you care about her - and link to a music video of her favorite song or a store or travel destination where you would like to take her.
8. Pick up your child from school 30 minutes earlier to go eat ice cream.
9. Call your mother and thank her, and tell her she was right. I know she was right about something.
10. Ask someone "how can I help you today" and listen what they have to say, and act on it. Often people just want to be heard and need someone to listen, give that to them.