Easy Valentine's Day Crafts
Valentine's Day is the day when we remember the people dearest to us.
Think about this - what does giving a store bought card reveal about you?
Or a gift you got quickly on your lunch break?
Or a gift card you gave because.. well you didn't really think of anything better to give?
And then compare: what does a home made gift or a handmade card say about you?
Are you starting to see the difference?
Here are a few super simple craft ideas that you can make fast and with love. The personal touch and care will make your Valentine's Day gift genuinely special, and I'll show you it really is easy.
DOVE GIFT BAG
Remember my Holiday doves? I created this dove gift bag using one of the doves I made out of recycled wrapping paper.
1. Cut the dove out of the wrapping paper. I just drew it free hand first and the cut it out.
2. Glue the dove on cardboard and cut it out.
3. Cut a wing out of a different type of paper and glue it on the dove.
4. Decorate the dove with glitter, stickers etc.
5. Glue the dove onto a store bought paper gift bag.
6. I also added a gift tag and used a string so it looks like the dove is carrying it.
I love using clothing pins! They are great on cards, as a decoration on the top of a gift, you can use them as placeholders on your table or hang them from a ribbon and attach photos (or all of the previous Valentine's Day cards you've received). They are so inexpensive twhen you buy in bulk and you can decorate them in so many different ways. Here are two examples.
White & Pink Mini Clothing Pin
1. Paint the clothing pin in white and let the paint dry.
2. Cut heart shapes out of felt and glue them on to the clothing pin. You can also buy ready cut felt or paper decorations from the craft store.
Black & Red Clothing Pin
1. Cut two pieces of decorative paper the width and length of the clothing pin.
2. Glue the papers to the sides of the clothing pin.
3. Cut a heart shape out of wavy cardboard and glue on the side. You can also add glitter, stickers etc. to decorate them even more.
EASY HEART GIFT BOX
I did promise this would be easy, didn't I? I used a ready made gift box for this one, and just cut some heart shapes and added ribbon. The card? Black cardboard with heart stickers. This will take you less time than standing in the store and trying to pick up a gift bag, and it will feel much more special, because it was made with love.