My Pledge for New Year 2011
I normally don't make New Year's Resolutions, but I try to reflect on the year behind me and the year ahead of me. However, this time I see the impending new year as a clean start like never before, and I see many things changing in my life in 2011. I think when you decide that change can happen, and are receptive to it, it will. It doesn't matter what it is - wanting to lose weight, live a healthier lifestyle, pursue a new career or hobby - it all starts inside you, it starts with the willingness to change. We often hold on to the "old", it's something that we know and are familiar with, and everything "new" can be scary, even it is for the better.
Today I am challenging you to open your mind for a clean start, a brand new year and a brand new you. At the same time I ask you not to make a New Year's Resolution that will only make you mad in a few weeks because you were not able to keep it. Make this resolution: be willing to be open to new things, and find something to celebrate in each day. I have made a commitment to myself and my family to live life to the fullest every day and enjoy every moment..
My not New Year's Resolutions, but more like my pledge to the year 2011:
1. Keep pursuing things that make you happy, instead of things that are smart. At the end of the day being happy is the smartest choice you'll ever make.
2. Enjoy life every day. Find something good and beautiful even in the gray days and be thankful for every ray of sunshine that shines your way.
3. Be adventurous and have guts to try new things, even if you think you might not fail. (I tried snowboarding a few weeks ago!)
4. Inspire other people around you and make someone's day, every day. Happiness is even better when shared.
5. Give more than you get. You will get more than you ever wished for.
If you want to join me and others in our quest for better 2011, join the 2011 or Bust Society on Whrrl to see our New Year’s resolutions and add yours too, so we can share our resolutions and encourage each other for the new year.