Natural Modern Nursery Decorating Tips from Molly Payne of Zeal Interiors
I used to own a children's designer clothing store, and still love to keep up with everything new and exciting happening in the children's clothing industry. One of the very exciting new brands is A.Bird, hitting the stores this July, and now available for pre-order at Zeal Baby.
A.Bird is owned by Patricia Cammeri and Molly Payne, who is also an interior designer and the owner of Zeal Interiors. After the pictures of the gorgeous A.Bird clothing line - read Molly's nursery decorating tips and see pictures from her daughter's nursery.
Molly Payne has a passion for kid-friendly style and adding something a little bit unexpected, whether she is designing clothes or interiors. She channeled her creativity into her daughter Ayla’s nursery, and created a relaxing sanctuary for her family in their St. Augustine, FL, home. Molly designed Ayla’s nursery to have an organic modern design using natural, simple materials. With a hand-carved bird mobile (Ayla’s nickname is Bird) and a 200 year-old heart peck cypress wood crib made by Molly’s husband, the minimalist nursery reflects Molly’s design aesthetic.
The room is simple, yet it has everything a baby needs, and the organic feel creates a soothing environment for everyone in the family. If you are looking for the natural organic yet modern look for your baby's nursery, read Molly Payne's design tips below.
Tips For Creating a Natural Organic Nursery from Molly Payne of Zeal Interiors:
1. Use Natural materials like wood, linens, bamboo and hemp cord.
2. Use subtle, monochromatic earth tones.
3. Don't be afraid to purchase accessories or decorations and re-paint them to match your palette.
4. Purchase plain drapery panels and use the room wall paint to paint simple images to customize.
5. Removable and inexpensive wall stickers are a great way to customize walls with the chosen nursery theme.