Beauty & Style
5 Beauty Products To Try Now
I've always been a beauty product fanatic but frankly, my 30th birthday is looming and I am now looking at beauty products as more of a necessary evil than a fun treat. They're like a necessary evil treat...or something. Anyway, ever the guinea pig I've tried out everything and anything under the sun to bring you these 5 beauty products that I personally think you should try toute de suite (that's french for pronto - which is Italian for andale...or something...)
1. Philosophy Purity Towelettes (45 each). These little babies are my secret weapon. They smell amazing and they take my makeup off without a fuss. Basically, it's like washing your face, but without all of that tiring and bothersome bending over the sink and using facewash and water stuff. Heaven sent.
2. Boscia Fresh Blotting Linens (100 ct). These blotting linens will help to remove excess oil without disturbing your makeup. Beware of cheap imitations which are half the size, but more importantly, contain mineral oil. You'll know if a blotting paper contains mineral oil if it is stretchy - if it is don't use them. They remove the initial look of oil on your face, but at the same time coat those areas in mineral oil, meaning you look oily again in about 15 minutes (and have to buy more blotting papers! Brilliant marketing, even if it is dirty.) These linens fold out to twice their size and work like a charm. Oily, oily oxen-free!
3. BB Cream. What is BB Cream? Well, let's just say that in Korea they've been using it for a while - it's the secret to flawless skin. Finally catching on here in North America, BB Cream works as a moisturizer, brightens skin, covers blemishes, and slows signs of aging. Some call it a miracle cream. Hallelujah!
4. Moroccan Oil Hair Treatment. Your Tina Turner days are over - the combination of Argan Oil and silicones in this product will leave your hair soft and frizz free. The shine is phenomenal - women of Morocco have been singing the praises of Argan oil for years. Use just a bit on your hands to tame frizz, add shine, and contribute to your hair's overall health. What's love got to do with it?
5. Mario Badescu Drying Lotion. This teeny tiny little bottle holds the key to my happiness. Even though I'm pushing 30, I still deal with the occasional PMS driven breakout, but one dab of this drying lotion at night and the next morning I wake up to a virtually non-exisitent blemish. Dip a Q-Tip into the bottle until you hit the pink liquid at the bottom, then pull it out and dab it on any spots that need healing. The product in the bottle separates on purpose - try not to shake it when you pick up your first bottle (much like I did) even thought it's tempting. It's supposed to settle like that.
What are your must-have beauty products? I'm always searching for new ones to add to my routine - please share your favorites in the comments and I'll check them out!