5 Ways to Stay Out of the Frumpy Mommy Trap
As the mama of a newborn lil’ lady and a four year old lil’ dude, I know just how easy it can be to fall into the frumpy mommy trap! I’m dog tired from feeding an infant non-stop while at the same time trying to corral my pre-schooler, but I’m making a concerted to keep the frumpy mommy in me at bay.
After my son was born, I spent too many months in dumpy clothing because it just seemed like too much effort to fix myself up. I owe it to my mama for suggesting that I get ready every day like I was going out of the house, even if I wasn’t. What a world of difference that made!
As a total fashion junkie, I’ve always loved getting dolled up, but post baby it was so hard to look past my exhaustion AND my post pregnancy body issues to take care of my appearance. After I had that chat with my mama, however, I cut my post baby figure some slack and found some little tricks that made me feel put together without stressing me out…
- Take a shower in the morning if you can. I know that can be difficult if you’re dealing with the infant, but the second you have a free moment, go get yourself so fresh and so clean clean!
- Come up with your “five minute face.” My five minute face consists of concealer, a neutral eye shadow, mascara and lipstick or gloss. Even if you only have the energy to swipe on a lip color to brighten up your face, it WILL make a difference! Trust me!
- Put together some easy to wear, yet cute outfits that you can grab from your closet in a flash!
- Get out of the house at least once a day…even if it’s just for a walk around the block. Staying in the house too much is enough to dampen anyone’s motivation. Plus, some fresh air always does a body good!
- Plan a date night or girls’ night out. Nothing inspires me to slap myself with a pretty stick like a night on the town with my honey or my ladies!
So…are you ready to join me in kicking frumpy mommy to the curb?