7 Great DIY Father's Day Gift Ideas
June is here, and that means Father's Day is fast approaching. Naturally, there are lots of things that you can buy for dad, but I've found that the most treasured gifts are a combination of handmade items from the kids, plus maybe something a little extra that you purchased from the store. I've been in search of the perfect project for our kids to make for their dads, and in my scouring of the web, I've found plenty of fun DIY projects for you to make with your kids for Father's Day. Here, I've rounded up a few of the best.
1. Handprint Art for Father's Day. This Oklahoma-based mom has made this project twice and loves it. What a sweet way to remember exactly how your kids hands looked against his.
2. Tie Pots filled with treats. Ashley from Make It Love It and her kids made these adorable tie pots that she filled with treats. If candy isn't his thing, try filling it with a bunch of small items that you know he'll like. Take it one step further by dipping the kids hands in paint and putting their handprints on the back.
3. Custom Superhero Candy Labels For Father's Day. What dad isn't their kid's superhero? Show dad that he's just the sweetest guy around with these customized Superhero candy bar wrappers. They're free to download.
4. Handprint Tree Art for Father's Day. This adorable Etsy shop sells pre-made tree printables perfect for handprints for Father's Day. They are $10, but the finished product looks adorable and would be a perfect gift for his office.
5. Father's Day Questionnaire. Use this questionnaire as an inspiration to ask your kids questions about their dad, and after you're finished giggling at the answers, frame it and present it to him as a very special Father's Day gift.
6. Father's Day Photo Collage and Printables. The author of the blog Positively Splendid teaches you how to make your own Father's Day photo collage, and even gives you the printables that you need to make it happen. All you need to do is take the photos!
7. All About My Daddy book. Maybe my favorite project of them all, but likely the most time-consuming, be inspired and learn how to make this custom photo and all-about-dad book. Some great ideas, and sure to be something that he treasures for a lifetime.
I hope this helps you in your planning for Father's Day. Looking for something a little less DIY? I've got 25 great gifts for Father's Day over on Chic Shopper Chick.