Halloween Craft Idea: Make Your Own Slime!
Want a super easy craft your kids will love for Halloween? Try making your own slime and see how many hours of fun they will have. Seriously, my son loves this project and I love how simple, easy, and cheap it is. You may already have these ingredients around your house, too.
What you need:
- Non-toxic school glue (Elmer’s)
- Borax (sold in laundry aisle)
- Food coloring (optional)
- 2 containers for mixing
What to do:
1. Mix 1 teaspoon of Borax in 1 cup of water and stir until the Borax is dissolved.
2. In the second container, mix a bottle of school glue with 1/2 cup of water. If you are adding food coloring, add a few drops to this mixture until you get the color you want. Tip: If you use clear glue, you’ll get transparent slime. We use white glue, so it was solid-colored slime.
3. Add the Borax mixture to your glue mixture and stir. It will immediately start to form the slime. Use your hands to knead the slime. You’ll have excess liquid in your container that you can just get rid of.
4. Store your slime in a Ziploc bag or another air tight container so it doesn’t dry out.
Try making different colors with your slime. With Halloween so close, my son loves the gooey-green color, but a I think a bright red would be fun, too.
What color slime will you make?