Just for Me
My Short Bucket List: What’s On Yours?
A few weeks ago I turned 36 (gulp) and realized that every year, I pat myself on the back for all the mini accomplishments I've had. While motherhood, career, and a beautiful relationship hardly count as mini milestones, I find myself every year cursing the gods of why can't cool things happen to me and wishing I had the time, funds, good fortune to DO the things in life I also dream of. My bucket list isn't outrageous or impossible really... some will never happen and some, like the right connection to George Clooney (a girl can only wish), could actually happen. Here's the short list of my sort of, kind of, bucket list. What's on yours?
1) Learn to Sew. With a Machine.
2) Learn to Ski.
3) Learn to Golf.
4) Learn to play chess.
5) Make a Halloween Costume for my son from scratch (see #1)
6) Have lunch with Bill Clinton. Then cocktails and dessert with Hillary.
7) Visit Lake Como.... as a guest at George Clooney's house.
8) Yacht through St. Tropez (sans children)
9) Go on a Disney Cruise (with children)
10) Own a home. With a front yard. A back yard. A pool.
11) Understand, and I mean, REALLY understand, Star Wars ... The characters... the sequence... the importance...
12) Give a haircut to a woman with long hair and have it look good.
13) Have completely toned arms. (That's more like a wish than something I could actually DO)
14) Adopt a child.
15) Have 2 more biological children.
16) Run a Marathon.
17) Get over my fear of snorkeling.
18) Attend the Academy Awards... but like, in the first few rows... or on stage.
19) Write a book.
20) Get married (again) and live happily forever. And ever.
What's on your short bucket list?