A Summer Bride Picks 9 Great Dresses For A Summer Wedding
My own wedding is now less than 2 months away - so aside from all of the planning that we still have to do we're also getting to the point where my family and friends are all beginning to ask me for guidance on what they should wear to my wedding. As if finding my dress wasn't hard enough! I'm the farthest thing from Bridezilla, so my answer is usually "um, I dunno - whatever you'd like" which I know is on the polar opposite end of the helpful scale.
However, when I take a step back I realize that I have almost missed not one, but two of my friends' weddings because I was too busy having a total meltdown in my closet over my outfit to notice the time - I remember that maybe it's a conversation worth having. So, for the sake of all of those involved, family and friends included, I thought I would put together a list of a few great dresses for a summer wedding. Even mine, perhaps.
There are a few rules of thumb when it comes to dressing for a wedding. Some are etiquette, some are outdated, and some are just helpful hints. Here is a list of the finer points that I follow any time I attend a wedding:
1. The bride is the star of the show. Don't show her up. Some may argue that it's impossible to show up a blushing bride, but I'd venture to say that if you show up in a neon pink dress covered in sequins and huge stilettos, you are doing just that. Plus, you probably look a bit, um, loose (as my grandmother would say).
2. No white. No ivory. Probably no tan (unless it's practically brown). No red.
3. Don't show too much skin. If the ceremony takes place in a church and you have a sleeveless or strapless dress, make sure that you have a wrap.
Follow those three rules and you should be fine. Keep it classy, you know?
Need more help? Here are a few great dresses that would standout for all of the right reasons at a summer wedding.
1. Mint Ruched Bandeau Dip Dress. $59
3. Halona Scoop Neck Chiffon Dress on Haute Look $28
4. YA Los Angeles Open Back Maxi on ideeli
5. Grecian Dress $56
7. Trudy Dress $75
9. Silk Alexa Dress $99