6 Celebrities to Follow On Pinterest
I'm sure by now you've heard all about the social networking site Pinterest, where users can share, well, pretty much anything in a visual way by creating virtual "pinboards". I won't spend too much time catching you up on what it is because the fact that my mother recently started following me on Pinterest tells me that it's widespread enough that I can skip the high-level overview.
Anyway, I'm sure you've found tons of recipes, DIY projects, and inspiration for your dream home on Pinterest already, but did you realize that some of your favorite celebrities are using Pinterest, too? Awesome, right? So, I thought I'd share a list of celebrities worth following on Pinterest - check them out (in no partictular order).
1. Nina Garcia. If you love fashion, you'll want to follow beloved Project Runway judge Nina Garcia on Pinterest. She does a great job of pulling together various boards for trends that she is predicting for upcoming seasons. One 2 minute look at her Pinterest profile page and you'll be filled in on pretty much every possible fashion trend, plus some.
2. Martha Stewart. Unlike Nina, Martha doesn't have a ton of pins, however she does have one craft board that is pretty awesome, and worth following. I expect to see even more added to her boards soon (honestly, I can't think of a single celebrity who should be on Pinterest MORE than Martha Stewart - she pretty much is a human Pinterest board.)
3. Ellen. If you're already a fan of this comedienne, her Pinboards certainly won't let you down. They are filled with pure funny - with titles like "Bad Paid-For Tattoos" and "Clumsy Thumbsy". Surprisingly, there is also a nice collection of Vegan recipes - so a little something for everyone.
4. Paula Deen. I'm sure I don't have to do much to convince you to hit the "Follow All" button for Ms. Deen - but just in case you needed an extra push, she has an entire Pinboard devoted to "Cakes, Cakes, Cakes" as well as one called "Gooey Favorites". Yes, please.
5. Katie Couric. I love that Katie's boards seem very non-self-promotional. She has boards like "Shoe Gal!", "Parenting", and "Places I Want To Go" - and really, following her boards just sort of feels like you're friends with Katie, just hanging out sharing recipes on Pinterest. I love that.
6. Michael Kors. Another fun follow for fashionistas and fans of Project Runway, Michael Kors shares everything from his own clothes, to his travel diary, to recipes. Lots of outrageousness from our favorite, overly-spray-tanned designer, but still hard to resist following along.
So tell me - do you use Pinterest? Who are your favorite people to follow? I'm always looking for new ideas - so feel free to give me some suggestions on who I should be following in the comments. Oh, and if you are interested in following me - you can find me on Pinterest as ErikaL.
We've got more social netowrking!
- Facebook: The Land of Comparisons
- How to Use Social Networking to Boost Your Career or Find a New Job
- Facebook Do's and Don'ts For Teens