15 Questions for ... Melissa from “Dance Moms”
The dancing, the drama, the tears! Oh my! If you’ve been watching “Dance Moms” Wednesday nights on Lifetime, then you’re likely familiar with Melissa, the divorced mother of two, whose daughter Maddie has been the shining star of the show so far.
But what about the woman behind the Dance Mom we see on the small screen? We caught up with Melissa after she spent a long month traveling the country for dance competitions. See what her answers to our 15 questions reveal about her!
1) Lifetime Moms: Please fill in the blank: If I were a dance style, people would definitely call me “the _____________.”
Melissa: Jazz Hands.
2) Lifetime Moms: What is your favorite way to unwind and spend some “me time”?
Melissa: Going to lunch with my girlfriends and shopping.
3) Lifetime Moms: How do you stay healthy and in shape when you are constantly on the road for competitions?
Melissa: Me, stay healthy? That's a joke (LOL!).
4) Lifetime Moms: What book are you reading right now?
Melissa: “Last Night at Chateau Marmont” — I would totally recommend it.
5) Lifetime Moms: What is your mantra or a saying that you use often?
Melissa: “You know what to do, Maddie.”
6) Lifetime Moms: Which sitcom mom are you most like?
Melissa: Lucille Ball.
7) Lifetime Moms: What is a guilty pleasure of yours?
Melissa: Shopping and chocolate.
8) Lifetime Moms: What is the best piece of advice your parents ever gave you?
Melissa: Always help people when they ask, and don't question it.
9) Lifetime Moms: What lessons do you hope to teach your children as they grow up?
Melissa: To always be kind and humble.
10) Lifetime Moms: What is your biggest pet peeve about other moms in the competitive dance world?
Melissa: I can't stand people that are jealous of talented kids!!
11) Lifetime Moms: Do you think it takes a special kind of parent to manage the pressures and help their child succeed in the competitive dance world?
Melissa: Not really; it really depends on the kid.
12) Lifetime Moms: What’s on your iPod right now?
Melissa: My daughter's solo music and Disney songs.
13) Lifetime Moms: What three adjectives best describe you?
Melissa: Perky, loving and cheerful.
14) Lifetime Moms: What three adjectives best describe Abby?
Melissa: Passionate, dynamic and knowledgeable.
15) Lifetime Moms: What is the perfect girls’ day off — when you get a chance to get out with your daughter(s) and get out of the dance scene, away from the camera crew?
Melissa: Shopping, of course!!!!
Haven’t seen "Dance Moms"? Get to know Melissa and the other moms by watching full episodes online. Tune in for new episodes Wednesdays at 10pm/9c on Lifetime.