Mom Seeking Pleasure: My Version of a "Happy Ending"
I'm officially hooked on "The Client List."
It didn't take much. I've been a sucker for Jennifer Love Hewitt since she drew us all in with those perpetually dewy brown eyes in "Party of Five". I also loved her in "The Ghost Whisperer," but watching it alone gave me the creeps and my self-proclaimed chicken husband refuses to watch anything even remotely scary. "The Client List" is JLH at her best, minus the teenage heartbreak (P of 5) and the disfigured ghosts popping up in the bathroom (GW).
My new fave show got me thinking about "happy endings." We know what it implies with regard to a man in a massage parlor, but what does it mean for a woman? I mean, yes, you could say it's the same thing for either sex, but is it really? I think not. I decided to make a list of what I, other moms, and perhaps even Riley Parks might consider a happy ending.
1. Drinks (and laughs) with the girls.
2. Kids asleep, dishes done, glass of wine.
3. All laundry done, outfits set out for tomorrow, glass of wine.
4. Spin class done, five pounds lost, glass of w...water! ...(wine later).
5. After a long day of fruitless shopping, finding the perfect designer dress, in my size, on the clearance rack.
Those are a few just off the top of my head. But I'm going to keep adding to this list, because it's important to remind yourself to make time for some happy. And now if you'll excuse me, it's time for "The Client List," a cup of tea and a chocolate croissant. My new Sunday night happy ending.