Beauty & Style
Project Runway All Stars' Suede's 6 Fashion Tips For Moms
Guest Post from Suede...
Tune in to "Project Runway All Stars" Thursdays at 9/8c and Enter the All Star Mom Sweepstakes for a chance to win $10,000!
Remember that fashion is an evolution. Have fun and try new things to keep it fresh. Here are items Suede recommends every mom should have in her closet.
1) A great little black dress, a sexy fitting black blazer, and a stylish black skirt – right now I’m grooving on just below the knee for length. THESE ITEMS ARE MUST HAVES you can dress them up or down depending on where you are heading.
2) A crop jacket suitable for layering over daywear to eveningwear. Crop jackets are great as they give the illusion that we are longer and leaner.
3) A crisp, vibrant white shirt and its opposite, a colorful print or solid flowy top. Suede prefers white shirts with darts/style lines to make your body even more streamlined, in terms of the colorful top – it’s your choice, just pick something that makes you feel like a million bucks!
4) An incredible pair of jeans, a graphic T-shirt, and comfy hoodie for the casual days is so important. Find a denim that has a modern wash and that is flattering on you. From concert T-shirt’s to something from the thrift store, the sky is the limit when it comes to choosing your graphic T. When looking for a hoodie, I always try to find one that has sleeves that are long so I can cut a hole in the cuff and make a thumbhole – oh so modern. It’s all how uROCKit™. Layer your crop jacket over these items for a complete look.
5) Stock up some fun accessories – from traditional pearls to more whimsical, colorful pieces. You can also try wearing a necklace as a bracelet, or as a chain on the side of your skirt/jeans/pants.
6) A great moisturizer, and sun block. No one wants to grow up to be a handbag.
Thanks for checking out our SUEDEsays™ Must Have’s. For more advice and to stay current on all things SUEDE visit SUEDEsays.com.
Suede & Team SUEDEsays™