The Five Rules of Buying the Best (and Maybe Bedazzled) Nursing Bra!
If you have just had a baby, your belly may be going down, but your cup size is increasing rapidly! What you need is the best fitting nursing bra you can get your hands on. But how? Your best bet is to consult a professional fitter, but if you are shopping on your own, then follow these five golden rules of buying the best nursing bra from “Double Divas” stars (and LiviRae shop owners) Molly Hopkins and Cynthia Richards.
1) Underwire styles may inhibit blood flow or put pressure on the breast and lead to a blocked milk duct or even mastitis.
2) The cup should fully cover your breast and the band across your back shouldn’t ride up. Our favorite maternity bra brand is Cake Lingerie. We carry many of their styles in our store, LiviRae.
3) Nursing bras don’t have to be ugly or dowdy. There’s no point in dressing like the Virgin Mary since everyone already knows you have had sex! Bedazzle your way into feeling fabulous with a sparkly style! Plus, you never know when you'll get the urge for a naptime quickie with your partner!
4) Look for stretchy styles with one-handed nursing clips that unlatch easily. You can use the other hand to hold your squirmy newborn! Or brush your hair for the first time in three days...or any other tasks that require more than 30 seconds of your time.
5) While we are all for sparkly and sexy, have one favorite "t-shirt" nursing bra on hand with smooth cups so you don't have any strange lumps or bumps sticking out from under your tee.