Top 10 April Fools Pranks to Play on your Partner!
By Laura Sussely-Pope, Pregnancy.org
We scoured the internet, family, friends and looked hither and yon to find the funniest, harmless pranks that you can pull on your partner this April Fool’s Day! Some are kid-friendly, too! Here are our Top 10:
1. The remote control trick. Does your partner cherish the TV remote? Not to stereotype but let’s face it – men love their remotes. Take the batteries out of the TV remote and watch as your partner tries to use it. You can put some coins in to make up for the missing weight. It will take him several tries before he determines perhaps the batteries need replacing and your misdeed is discovered.
2. The yummy juice trick. Make some "juice" out of water and food coloring. Serve it to your partner (or child!) and tell them it is a new flavor. Watch as they drink it and realize it has no taste. Of course, you may see a placebo effect as they claim to love it, making it all the more fun!
3. The dented car caper. Does your partner love his car? Then this trick’s for you! Put a note on his car that says "Sorry about the dent. Call me so we can swap insurance information." Include a fake name and phone number. Watch as he searches in vain for the “dent”.
4. The fake pregnancy test. Are you all done having babies? Do you have a pregnant friend willing to take a test for you? (Or you could use a red marker on one.) Surprise your husband with a positive pregnancy test! Watch as his face turns white – but you probably should say “April Fools” sooner than later – especially if he’s had a vasectomy!
5. The forgotten anniversary fake-out. Does your partner forget your anniversary? If so, this one should work great! First thing in the morning, wake him to Happy Anniversary! The look on his face should say it all!
6. The forgotten birthday fake-out. This one is similar to the anniversary fake-out except you can make it more dramatic. Have your family members wish you a happy birthday or even have the house decorated with birthday favors. Then, give your husband the silent treatment for a bit because he forgot -- again.
7. The mother of all fake-outs. Warn your partner the night before that you have the best April Fool’s joke ever planned! Go on and on about how he won’t see it coming and you are so excited! Let the day go without doing a thing. At the end of the night, tell him the joke was that there wasn’t one.
8. The scale trick. Is your partner dieting? Will they be weighing themselves on April 1st? If so, set the scale so that it adds 10 pounds. They will be shocked that they haven’t lost weight.
9. Meatloaf cake or cupcakes! Yep – just like it sounds. “Bake” your partner a cake or some cupcakes made of meatloaf. And the frosting? Mashed potatoes! You can even use the instant mashed potatoes. For a fun touch, add some food coloring to the potatoes. Imagine their surprise when they take that first bite!
10. The computer confusion trick. Unplug the family computer. When your partner or kids go to turn it on, the last thing they will think is that it is unplugged. Watch as they repeatedly press the “on” button, perplexed that the computer has suddenly “died”!
What kinds of pranks have you pulled? What pranks have been pulled on you?
More from Pregnancy.org:
- Top 10 Annoying Statements Pregnant Women Hear
- What They Don’t Tell You About Childbirth
- Top 10 Things the Expectant Mom Can Do For the Expectant Dad