Top 10 Ways to Surprise Dad for Father’s Day
by Laura Sussely-Pope
With Father’s Day just about here, you may be wondering what you can do to surprise the important dad in your life. Men can be notoriously difficult to shop for and even harder to surprise.
Here are our top ten ideas:
1. Give dad unexpected “me” time. Let dad know that he has the house to himself one day, that there are plenty of delish snacks in the fridge, hand him the remote and away you go! Men may not need pampering but they do need time to do whatever “manly” stuff it is they do uninterrupted.
2. Get a cable sports package! Tune the channel to it so that when he turns on the TV he sees it. You’ll be the best wife in town.
3. Hire someone to take over some of dad’s chores (mowing the lawn for example) and send dad off to watch his favorite sports team.
4. Surprise dad with a funny gag gift like a dorky bow tie. After dad has graciously thanked you and the kids, you can then surprise him with a “real” gift!
5. Help the kids write him a poem. There are few things more personal than heartfelt words. And you can decorate the poem in any way you and the little ones desire.
6. Make a “Me & My Dad” photo album. Place pictures of dad attending Little League games, or playing in the pool, cuddling on the couch, or just about anything so long as it shows time spent together.
7. Buy him tickets to his favorite sports team or concert tickets for his favorite artist. If appropriate, make it for him and the kids.
8. Put together a photo album of dad! Gather photos of dad from his infancy to the present. This is a great walk down memory lane and it will show you put thought into this surprise.
9. Offer to spend the day with him doing anything he wants. Golf, a sporting event, a concert, watching one of those action movies you don’t like, or simply hanging out at home.
10.Have his car washed and waxed. When he walks out to get in his car, it will be a wonderful surprise!
Above all, it is the thought that counts. Just about anything you do for dad will be appreciated and if you can make it a surprise, all the better!
How have you surprised your dad or your children’s dad?