15 Questions for ... Christi from “Dance Moms”
If you've been tuning in to “Dance Moms” Wednesday nights on Lifetime you know that it takes a strong woman to watch her young daughter try to dance her way to the top in Abby Lee's notoriously demanding class. And for Christi, whose daughter Chloe is one of the strongest dancers, it has been extra challenging to see her daughter consistently going head-to-head with Maddie for those covetable featured solos only to be outshined. Will Chloe ever get her time in the spotlight? Only time will tell...
Meanwhile, see how the busy mom of two and owner of a children's fitness franchise answered our 15 questions:
1) Lifetime Moms: Please fill in the blank: If I were a dance style, people would definitely call me “the _____________.”
Christi: People would definitely call me the Roger Rabbit.
2) Lifetime Moms: What is your favorite way to unwind and spend some “me time”?
Christi: A bubble bath and a good book.
3) Lifetime Moms: How do you stay healthy and in shape when you are constantly on the road for competitions?
Christi: I keep in shape by running around the competitions! Heels are a great leg workout.
4) Lifetime Moms: What book are you reading right now?
Christi: "The Pact" by Jodi Picoult. It’s amazing, definitely recommended.
5) LifetimeMoms: When it comes to parties and entertaining – are you more of a host or the fun party guest?
Christi: Definitely fun party guest. The party doesn’t start until I arrive!
6) Lifetime Moms: Which sitcom mom are you most like?
Christi: I’m pretty sure I broke the mold.
7) Lifetime Moms: What is a guilty pleasure of yours?
Christi: Shopping, shopping, shopping.
8) Lifetime Moms: What is the best piece of advice your parents ever gave you?
Christi: My grandparents always told me you can achieve anything you want if you set your mind to it.
9) Lifetime Moms: What lessons do you hope to teach your children as they grow up?
Christi: To be humble and never give up! The tortoise wins the race!
10) Lifetime Moms: What is your biggest pet peeve about other moms in the competitive dance world?
Christi: I hate when people are fake and phony. Own who you are, people will respect you more.
11) Lifetime Moms: Do you think it takes a special kind of parent to manage the pressures and help their child succeed in the competitive dance world?
Christi: I think a parent needs to be dedicated to their children to help them succeed in anything.
12) Lifetime Moms: What’s on your iPod right now?
Christi: Chloe’s dance music.
13) Lifetime Moms: What three adjectives best describe you?
Christi: Sarcastic, passionate and loving.
14) Lifetime Moms: What three adjectives best describe Abby?
Christi: Can I plead the fifth?
15) Lifetime Moms: What is the perfect girls’ day off — when you get a chance to get out with your daughter(s) and get out of the dance scene, away from the camera crew?
Christi: Lunch and a shopping date. Or a trip to the local library.
Get to know the other moms by watching full episodes online. Tune in for new episodes Tuesdays at 9/8c on Lifetime.