15 Questions for ... Marina from “Russian Dolls”
When she isn't going head-to-head with her spirited mother-in-law, Russian Dolls’ Marina runs the popular local club/restaurant Rasputin with her husband Michael and seems to know just about everyone in Brighton Beach. But there’s much more to the Russian American reality star than what we see on the small screen.
See what our 15 questions reveal…
1) Lifetime Moms: If you life was a bumper sticker what would it say?
Marina: Rollercoaster, because life is full of ups and downs. The trick is to have a good attitude and stay positive
2) Lifetime Moms: What’s your astrological sign?
Marina: I am a Cancer so I’m very sensitive and protective of my family.
3) Lifetime Moms: Which TV or movie character, are you most like?
Marina: I wish I had super powers like wonder woman or cat woman.
4) Lifetime Moms: Fill in the blank: If I were a cocktail, people would call me a _____________.”
Marina: Marinatini. Something fruity, delicious, and not too sweet.
5) Lifetime Moms: What do you think is the secret to a healthy marriage?
Marina: Communication is the key, and also spoiling each other sometime.
6) Lifetime Moms: How do you stay healthy and in shape?
Marina: Watch what you eat but don’t deny yourself your favorite indulges, for me its desserts. Also, get a workout in as many times a week as you can.
7) Lifetime Moms: What book are you reading right now?
Marina: The most recent book I have read is “The Accidental Billionaires” by Ben Mezrich, it’s a story of the creation of Facebook which shows that if you work hard and believe in your idea, the sky is the limit. However, the most meaningful book I’ve read is Natan Sharansky’s “Fear No Evil” about the struggle of Soviet dissidents in the Soviet Union.
8) Lifetime Moms: What is a guilty pleasure of yours?
Marina: Reality TV, I can’t live a day without reality shows.
9) Lifetime Moms: What makes you feel sexy?
Marina: When I am all dressed up for a party at Rasputin, then I feel my best.
10) Lifetime Moms: What is your biggest vice?
Marina: Shopping is my biggest vice
11) Lifetime Moms: What is the best piece of advice your parents ever gave you?
Marina: Be the best person you can be, always try to achieve your goals, and never give up.
12) Lifetime Moms: What lessons do you hope to teach your children as they grow up?
Marina: I want my children to grow up healthy, happy, and successful. So they need to work hard and go after the high goals we set up for them.
13) Lifetime Moms: What do you want the world to know about Brighton Beach?
Marina: I want people to come from all over the world and visit Brighton beach and its neighboring communities; to experience what it is like to be a Russian-American.
14) Lifetime Moms: If you could have dinner with three famous people (dead or alive), who would you invite?
Marina: Michael Jackson because he was a true talent and always unique. Elizabeth Taylor because she was the most glamorous and beautiful actress of all time, and she did a lot of charity which means a lot to me. Carl Lagerfeld because he’s my favorite designer.
15) Lifetime Moms: What advice do you have for the younger girls on the show (Anna, Diana, Anastasia)?
Marina: Right now there’s a lot of jealousy and a lot of haters but we all need to be strong and standby our decision to be part of Russian Dolls. To follow the dreams and aspirations that they have set up for themselves.
Marina loves the Brighton Beach nightlife but she’s also happy spending time in the kitchen. Get a taste of the Russian culture by making Marina’s family recipe for truffled blini with liver paste.
Tune in to "Russian Dolls" Thursdays at 11:30/10:30c. Get to know Marina and the other cast members, plus watch full epsiodes online.