Back to School: What's Next for Mom?
When the kids are away, it's time for Mom to play!
As a stay at home Mom, I know it can be shocking to the system when so often as Moms we are consumed with the kidlets 24/7 and then all of a sudden we have free time to ourselves again. What to do? What to say? Where to go?
Are you at a loss for what to do? Or compelled to do everything in those few short hours you have alone to clean the house, cook, shop, exercise, do laundry and cram every errand and chore into those few precious hours of alone time.....
Even if the kids are only in preschool, and Mom suddenly has 2 mornings a week to herself, it is a crazy feeling but also very liberating.
What if instead you decided to indulge a bit and think only about yourself. And try to have your own back to school celebration by doing something "fun" that is just for you.
Here are a few fabulous ideas for pure relaxation and fun - beyond the chores, exercise workouts, and errands we all need to cram in when we're without the kidlets.
1. Go to a movie by yourself or with a girlfriend during the day. My pick for this month is "The Help" if you haven't already seen it. You will not be disappointed.
2. Read a book. I love to get lost in a great romance novel for a total escape when I'm not indulging in the latest vampire series.
3. Take a spa break and enjoy a manicure, pedicure, or facial. Or all 3 if you have the time!
4. Have a brainstorm session. Take a few minutes to follow your dreams. Or at least think about them. Do you want to go back to school for a new degree? Take a crafts class? Start a new business? Write these goals down in a journal.
5. Start a new hobby alone or with a friend. Cooking, crafts, or a brand new sport could be just what you need to "reconnect with you" this fall.
Expanding your own horizons while your kids are back to school will do wonders for your frame of mind! Whether it's a form of relaxation, entertainment, or learning something new -- gaining a fresh perspective at the start of the new school year can work for you just like it does for your own kids.
Enter the Back To School, Back To Me Giveaway right now and you could win $1,000 for your own "mom supplies"!!!