Enter to Win an "In-Law" Survival Kit!
The holidays are quickly approaching and we know all what that means... spending time with the In-laws! And let's face it, no matter how well you get along having everyone under one roof can be taxing.
Here are a few ways you can prepare for your next family visit:
- Tune in to the new A&E original real-life series "Monster In-Laws" which premieres Monday, October 24 at 10/9c. Each episode follows a married couple dealing with relatable as one spouse is trapped between the person they married and a member of their immediate family, desperate to put an end to the battles that are tearing them apart. Seasoned relationship experts Mel Robbins and Dr. Tom Kersting bring the family under one roof and force them to face their issues so they can reach common ground and mend their broken relationships.
- Enter the Monster In-Laws Sweepstakes for a chance win a session with the show’s relationship expert Mel Robbins, NCredible N'tune headphones by Monster (to tune out your monster in-law), and Monster In-Laws Survival Kit: $50 The Body Shop gift card, bathing salts, and body massager!
- Read a few funny anecdotes from our Lifetime Moms contributors…can you relate???
When I first met my Mother-In-Law she eyed my too short shirt, my short hair and tattoo and said "I hope you know that Brian falls in love with every girlfriend he has". 10+ years and we are still together.
--Kasandria Reasoner, Southern Bellas Ways To Save
When my husband called my mother-in-law to tell her that my water broke (his whole family happened to be in town), her first question was "do they have free wi-fi in the hospital?" --Anonymous Mom
When I asked my mother-in-law if she was happy that my sister-in-law was expecting another baby, she responded, "what's the point? we never get to see them anyway". -- Lifetime Moms contributor, Melissa K.
My mother in law doesn't always use her brain when speaking. I will chalk it up to dementia but this one really takes the cake! She invited the family over...sons, daughters-in-law and cousins for a Sunday afternoon lunch. One of the cousins (my 9-year-old niece Abigail) was just getting over strep throat and, because we had a newborn, my husband decided to stay home with the baby. We just didn't want to take any chances getting the baby sick, so the plan was that I would just attend the lunch. When I walked through the door, my mother-in-law blurted out "Abigail is hysterically crying in the bathroom...she won't come out because of what Uncle Mark said...that he wasn't coming because he didn't want to be near her and get the baby sick." So I said, "What??? Why does she know that?" and my mother-law-says "Because I told her".... --Anonymous Mom
During a big family dinner, my mother (who happens to be a teacher) mentioned something about buying some books for my son and my mother-in-law responded "I NEVER read to my kids when they were little - I just figured it was the school's job to deal with that kind of stuff". --Anonymous Mom
More In-Law Stories:
- No More Grudges (A Mother-In-Law Tale)
- In Laws, For Better or For Worse
- 5 Tips To Make You The Perfect Mother-In-Law
- When Sister-In-Laws Attack
Do you have a funny or nightmarish In-Law story? Share it with us!