Facebook "Summer Destination" Faves
If you are enduring the sweltering heat and wracking your brain trying to figure out where to take your family this summer, have no fear. After updating my Facebook status - asking friends what place they believe is the ultimate travel destination for our family, my page was flooded with advice (gotta love Facebook). From Maine to Montreal, here are some of the top picks from my travel savvy FB friends:
1. Bar Harbor, Maine - This ultimately came in as the winner in our book. My friend Jennie, who also happens to be the co-founder of Baby Name Wizard, has spent nearly every summer of her life in Bar Harbor and she said the location is ideal for families. And my other FB friend, Jennifer says that Maine is by far, one of her favorite family trips - from Acadia National Park to lakes, lobster, quaint shops and gorgeous views, both their suggestions made this the top pick for our family.
2. Myrtle Beach, South Carolina - I know it’s hot this time of year, but for some reason, Myrtle Beach received the most votes. According to my in the know friends who have spent their summers soaking up the sun in South Carolina, there are a ton of things to do with kids - rides, water, beach, music, you name it, it's in Myrtle Beach.
3. Mt. Tremlant, Quebec- This suggestion actually came from an IRL (in real life) conversation with my good friend Robin, who plans to travel there this summer with her family. While it’s most popular during ski season, we attended a summer wedding on top of a mountain in Mt. Tremblant and it was truly breathtaking. The resort offers swimming, a kids program, great food, spa services and the chance to relax. What a concept!
4. Cape May & Long Beach Island, New Jersey - From whale watching, boating, barbecues and miniature golf, there's truly something for everyone in Cape May. And if you're a die-hard Jersey Shore fan, my friend Barbara says join the Snookie fan club and hit LBI.
5. Jackson Hole, Wyoming - This was actually the suggestion of my fabulous travel agent who recommended we stay at the Snake River Lodge and then get set for an action packed adventure! From Yellowstone national park to the Rockies to whitewater rafting, there’s plenty to do and see in Wyoming.
Have any favorite vacation destinations you’d like to share? Feel free to comment now or add your thoughts on the Lifetime Moms Facebook Fan Page!