Fave Five Summer Beach Read Guide
Summer is finally here and that only means one thing: Time to devour as many books as I can. So far, I've managed to finish one, am in the middle of a second, and have plenty more I want to crack open before Labor Day. I've polled my favorite moms on their summer beach reads and thanks to my blogging mom friends, my girlfriends on the 8:48 (my commuter train) and my mom, here's our fave five Role Mommy Summer Beach Read Guide:
1. Sarah's Key - This one has been passing through the hands of so many of my friends that I knew I had to read it. And now that my mom just finished it in two days, I managed to get my hands on a copy without having to pay for it. Score! It's a sad story about a French girl living during the Holocaust - heavy story, tear jerker, but all in all, according to everyone who has picked it, it's a fast read.
2. Rattled - If you're looking for a fun beach read, then pick up Christine Coppa's memoir about how her life as a magazine editor on the rise was turned upside down when she became pregnant. Christine writes the Storked blog at Glamour if you want to check her out. A fun, humorous and bittersweet read.
3. Prairie Tale - Okay - so here's another embarrassing confession - I was a total "Little House on the Prairie" fanatic. So when Melissa Gilbert announced she had some serious addictions while she was doing the show and even comes clean about her relationships (remember she dated Rob Lowe for like a bazillion years), I had to say, I'm definitely interested in reading this one cover to cover.
4. Dune Road - It's already the dog days of summer and that can only mean one thing...Jane Green has another book out and I can't wait to read it. The bestselling author of “The Beach House” is back this year with the perfect book for any beachgoer.
5. Best Friends Forever - I am so excited that Jennifer Weiner has a new book out this summer too! If you’ve never read a novel by Jennifer Weiner before, then you must pick up “Good In Bed” first and read it cover to cover. Trust us, it’s required summer reading!