The Hugh & Drew Fave Five
Since I'm a bit of a cheesy movie buff, my taste runs the gamut from classic blockbuster to anything starring Hugh Grant and Drew Barrymore (preferably together). And so, since neither actor seems to be in a film that's out this summer, I've decided to share my fave five Hugh & Drew movies of all time.
1. Let's start with the film they actually appeared in together; “Music & Lyrics.” Yes, I know the cheesability factor on that flick is off the charts, but I am a sucker for movies about a fading British pop star and a flighty, writer/plant lady/lyricist.
2. Never Been Kissed - Okay, there is nothing better than watching an ugly-duckling-turned-swan movie with Drew Barrymore as the lead. This one has been playing on cable a lot and every time it does, I smile, sit back and enjoy the ride. Favorite scene - the last one - so you have to watch the whole film to get to the best part!
3. Four Weddings & A Funeral - Probably the best Hugh Grant movie ever. Well maybe Bridget Jones’s Diary comes close, but seriously, this funny and bittersweet film is a must see if you're in the mood to laugh and cry.
4. The Wedding Singer. If Drew and Hugh can't star in a film together, then I'll take Drew and Adam any day of the week. So, do you see a pattern of how all of my film selections seem to be trapped in the eighties and nineties? I know, it's pathetic, but seriously, those were the Best of Times (thank you Styx).
5. Notting Hill. On the flip side, if Hugh Grant is going to be paired with anyone other than Drew Barrymore, Julia Roberts will totally fit the bill. This film wasn't the best for the pair, but it is still a great romantic comedy to watch on a rainy summer day.