Clean Start Challenge: Frugal Family Time
This is the last week of the challenge and it's especially rewarding for me as her "buddy", since her final progress video features those she loves most- her children and fiance. Her final challenge was to involve her family in her goals, which she did beautifully.
Zakiyyah turned her workout into a family affair at the park! In her video, all five of her children make a special appearance while playing catch and enjoying the outdoors. I am a big proponent of frugal family fun, and a good old-fashioned romp at the park beats any overpriced amusement park excursion in my book.
Here are a few more ideas for family time on the cheap:
- Go camping-- in your living room! Get out the sleeping bags and maybe even a tent. Don't forget the s'mores!
- Family Game Night: Enjoy a board game with the whole family. My favorite is Sorry! and my children enjoy it, too.
- Family Movie Night: Grab a $1.00 rental from RedBox, some popcorn, and unwind with a family-friendly flick.
- Nature Walk: Get outside, and make it a scavenger hunt. Think of 10 or so items to find and photograph or bring home.
- Build a fort: Kids love to hide! Grab some blankets, sheets, pillow and chairs to create the perfect hide out.
Be sure to check in on the Clean Start Challenge finalists and enter to win $1,000 just by voting for your favorite! Chat with my finalist and offer some words of encouragement in the community. The voting ends this Friday!