Five Ways to Obtain Additional Coupons
Has the start of a new school year inspired you to save money? Now that we have covered the basics of using coupons, let's discuss some additional couponing strategies.
There may be instances where you don't have access to coupons for particular products. Or perhaps you cannot easily obtain a newspaper. Thankfully, there are ways to obtain coupons in addition to the newspaper or your printer.
Here are five simple ways to obtain additional coupons:
- Trade: Say you have several pet food coupons but need additional diaper coupons. Why not swap them with a fellow couponer? We Use Coupons has an entire section on their site devoted to trading coupons. It is free and easy to join.
- Use a Clipping Service: While you cannot buy actual coupons, you can pay someone to clip them and receive them by mail! Since many coupons are regional, you can obtain a much broader selection when you use a service such as The Coupon Master.
- Ask Friends/Family or Neighbors: Since the vast majority of printed coupons go unredeemed, chances are, you know someone who gets coupons but does not use them. Just ask! My mother-in-law sets aside her coupons just for me each week.
- Contact Companies: If there is a brand you particularly love, or perhaps one that you cannot find coupons for, send them an email and ask about coupons. Usually, they will happily mail you high value coupons for their products.
- Facebook: A relatively new trend, many brands offer coupons as an incentive to "like" their page on Facebook. Be on the lookout for these special offers during your Facebook browsing. While you are there, become a fan of Lifetime Moms! :)