Last Minute Spring Break Savings
For many families, March brings a welcome week of Spring Break. After an unusually cold and dreary winter, I am so ready for the warmer weather and burst of life that spring is sure to bring. I am most looking forward to getting outdoors with my children! We are also making some rather last-minute plans for a vacation.
If you are in the same boat, be sure to check out my tips for finding the best deals on travel and inexpensive vacation ideas. I have a few more tricks up my sleeve for saving money this month. Here are some deals and coupons to help you along the way:
- Request a FREE official State of Alaska Travel Planner.
- Thinking Disney? Get an instant vacation package guide to Walt Disney World.
- Be sure to check Groupon for hot deals in your destination city.
- New Snapfish.com customers can enjoy 50 free prints for all those vacation photos.
If money is tight, and you are staying home over spring break, here are some frugal ideas for keeping the kids busy while enjoying some extra family time:
- Plan a family project. Perhaps you need to paint a fence or redecorate a room. Older children are more than able to pitch in!
- Take a day trip. Explore a nearby tourist attraction or historical venues and be home the same day.
- Declutter and tackle some spring cleaning. Assign a task to each family member. Reward them later with a trip to the movies!
- Plan and host a cooking school in your own kitchen for your kids, complete with aprons.
- Spring means farmers markets are open! Find and visit your local farmers market and stock up on fresh fruits and veggies.
- Volunteer. Find a local charity such as a homeless shelter or ASPCA and get the whole family involved. Kids love to help and they will learn a valuable life habit.
Are you going somewhere special over spring break? Tell us about your plans for spring break on a budget!