A Mom's Guide to Group Buying Sites
I am sure by now you are familiar with the popular new online phenomenon of social buying, or group buying. Basically, these sites leverage the power of collective bargaining to secure incredible deals for the public on everything from local restaurants to jewelry to entertainment.
You definitely need to investigate group buying as a way to save big time on family necessities. I believe this popular trend is here to stay as more consumers and companies are jumping on the social buying bandwagon!
A few things to keep in mind about group buying sites:
- Most typically offer a short-term daily deal with 50% off or more on goods or services, so deals can sell out quickly.
- All deals you purchase will have clearly disclosed restrictions, including an expiration date and terms.
- Some bargains in select cities are for online products, and can be purchased regardless of where you live.
- Most deals can be purchased as gifts, in addition to your own. You can score fantastic gifts for the holidays, along with birthdays, teachers gifts, or anniversaries.
- Be prepared to print out your coupon or voucher to redeem it.
- Most sites wisely offer an incentive to refer your friends, such as credit that can be spent on future deals of your choice.
Groupon The original group buying site and my personal favorite! Each day, Groupon features an unbeatable deal on the best stuff to do, see, eat, and buy in your city. By promising businesses a minimum number of customers, we get discounts you won't find anywhere else.
Living Social LivingSocial offers one fantastic deal every day with discounts of up to 90% at local restaurants, bars, spas, theaters, and more.
Eversave Become a member by subscribing to their daily emails and they'll send you unbelievable local and online deals every day.
Tippr Subscribe to the Tippr newsletter and they'll email you exclusive 50% to 90% off daily deals toward spas, restaurants, and more.
Jasmere Jasmere seeks out lesser-known specialty retailers that deserve national attention.
Mamapedia Each day, Mamapedia will email you one amazingly Sweet Deal for something that you and your family will love. 5% of each purchase is donated to the school or preschool of your choice.
HomeRun HomeRun offers deals on restaurants, spas, salons, bars, events, fitness, fashion, nightlife, travel, beauty, and more. They hand-pick the best businesses and negotiate 50%+ off deals just for members.
Have you tried a group buying site yet? Which one is your favorite?