Springtime Activities For You and Baby
By Mollee Bauer, General Manager, Pregnancy.org
Get ready for better weather this spring season and venture outside with your baby!
It’s time to dust off the stroller, unpack the bags full of picnic blankets and outdoor gear (like sunshades and sunhats) and enjoy the rebirth of Mother Nature.
Pack away those winter coats – and blues, and get ready for those April showers.
When it’s not raining, depending on how old your young sapling is, our suggestions lend themselves to immeasurable amounts of “mommy and me” time you’ll always cherish.
- Go on a backyard safari or hunt for signs of spring! Look for budding trees and flowers, baby animals, neighbors gardening, and perhaps dad snoozing in the hammock! Your child’s reaction to all the new life surrounding her = priceless.
- Put on your special “water stomping boots” and go splashing in puddles or dance in the rain! Teach your child some fun new dance moves! The laughter won’t stop, we guarantee!
- Take a walk together in the sunshine and soak up the vitamin D! Safe amounts of sun are good for you and baby. Even though it’s spring, the sun can still be dangerous.
- Make a date to play at the park and feed the baby ducks if there’s a pond nearby. Teach your child about the “circle of life” – the one not in the Disney movie.
- Visit a petting zoo. There is no shortage of fun and baby animals at these places. Let your child pet the animals, feed them kibbles and see how the mommas and babies get along.
- If your wee one is old enough, blow bubbles outside and watch them float away on the spring breeze. We suggest outside because no one really wants soap film all over his or her walls and furniture. It’s also more fun because you can be messy – together.
- Get a bucket full of colorful sidewalk chalk and draw a masterpiece together. Baby still too young? Help guide their hand and turn it into a lesson about colors, shapes and sizes.
- Does your child like to get their hands dirty? Consider planting a butterfly garden and watching the magic of the season come to you!
Getting outdoors during springtime with your baby or entire family reminds us how special our time together really is. Take the time to explore together. Happy Spring!
- The Perfect Outfit Idea to Transition From Winter to Spring
- Spring Break Then and Now...
- Spring is in the Air: Strawberry Spinach Salad