You Can Have A Clean Car, Even If You Have Kids - Really! Tips To Clear the Clutter
What does the inside of your car really look like? I don’t know about you, but now that I have kids, I just can’t keep it neat and clean. I’m embarrassed by all the crap in my car.
The two books that were originally in the car turned to 10, then there are random lost party favors hidden in the cracks, the who knows what my kids were eating crumbs stuck in the car seats, the why did my son have to bring the sandbox back with him after the park, can’t forget the extra clothes that seem to multiply, and that’s where my daughter’s hair clips are going,
Before I had kids I probably washed my car every week, it was nice and shiny and smelled like Pina Colada. Now I don’t know when I washed it last, I usually go by the “Yuck, what happened in here?” when I open the door test. All I know is this weekend it was time.
I had been planning to wash it for weeks, but it was never the right time. It feels like there’s never a time I wasn’t using it or I didn’t have the kids with me and I could take both car seats out. Now that I have my SUV packed full of stuff from strollers to sand toys, books and who knows what, getting my car washed is a major event. Here’s what I had piled into my car not to mention all the stuff I tossed out.
Here’s what my car looks like now.
Now that it’s spotless will it be easier to keep it up? I know it will look good for a while, but somehow I lose my way.
So what’s a mom to do?
Here are a few tips I found and wanted to share. Good Luck!
1. “Bring it in, Take it out” Rule- If you bring something in, make sure it goes back out so things don’t pile up after time.
2. Always Keep A Trash Bag in the Car- While I try to enforce the no eating in the car rule we know that is almost impossible, keep a bag handy so wrappers and trash don’t end all over the place. Be careful of plastic for young kids.
3. Clean Spills Immediately
-Use wipes for a quick fix.
-Use club soda then baking soda and water solution to get out stains and odors.
4. Take off the kids’ shoes before you get in the car to avoid unexpected sand.
5. Clean your car every time you get gas. Toss out anything you don’t need.
Do you have any car confessions? Do you have any tips to keep your car clean?
Cleaning tips for moms!
- It's Time To Come Clean: Tips For Spring Cleaning On The Cheap (Video)
- Spruce Up Your Backyard For Summer Fun
- Top 10 Green Ways to Clean Your Home