3 Ways To Enjoy The Party This Summer!
Last week Lifetime Moms asked "What type of party would you most want to host?" and you responded with a clear favorite: A Family Outdoor BBQ, with over 60% of the vote.
I love hosting parties in the summer, but let's get real - I want to relax and have fun too! I live at the beach during July and August which is great, but unfortunately our house there is not very party friendly. It's tiny, so by the time I heat up the oven to cook the whole house is hot. I also have a galley kitchen and no dining room for seating guests. Over the years, I have become very creative in finding ways to entertain with ease and I want to share them with you. Below are some of my best ideas for hosting super summer parties.
You may think that your space or budget is too small or that you don't have the time, but trust me, there is a way.
Try out one of the party ideas below, then make sure you head over to the Beauty & Style channel to check out Audrey's post on What To Wear To A Summer Party. Audrey always has the best tips to keep you updated on the latest trends and makes fashion sense when doing it! You may also want to check out Katja's 15 fabulous tips for enjoying your summer at home in the Home & DIY channel. After reading all the tips you will be ready to host a sensational summer party and look great doing it!
FAMILY OUTDOOR BBQ - 1st Place
Family BBQ's are perfect for summer fun! However, inviting the entire gang to join in on the party can put stress on you and your wallet. So here's a terrific twist on a BBQ that gets you out of the kitchen and allows you to enjoy the party - plus it's cheaper than most traditional BBQ fare.
Think out of the box and celebrate with a “Make Your Own” Pizza BBQ. Invite your guests to become Pizzaiolos for the day, let them create and grill their own pizzas. I have hosted this party a number of times and it takes a lot of pressure off of me as the host. My family and friends love making the pizza their own way and everyone gets competitive about who's pizza creation is the best. It's my boys favorite and they have already started asking about when we are going host one this summer!
Click here to get all the details on how To host> “Easy As Pie” Pizza BBQ!
LADIES' NIGHT - 2nd Place
Kool & The Gang said it best,”Oh, it’s ladies night and the feeling’s right. Come on let’s all celebrate!” and we should whenever we can. Well, when is the last time YOU hosted one? If the answer is, “It’s been a while”, I encourage you to do it soon.
I love hosting ladies’ night for my girlfriends. When I can get the house to myself for a few hours, I like to take advantage of it with an all girls night in. I invite my gal pals over for some sweet treats and conversation. That’s all it takes, because all any of us want is to spend some time together. Too many times when I get together with my friends it's with the kids and conversation needs to stay "G" rated. I hosted a ladies' night in a few weeks ago and actually got to catch up on all the scoop that I'd been missing. Without the husbands and kids, we got to talk and listen - I even learned something new about a friend I have known since 1st grade!
How To Host Tips:
- Invitation: Invite the girls over for a few hours to enjoy “Sweet Treats and Conversation”. A phone call or email will suffice.
- Cocktail: Skip the champagne and serve wine. It pairs great with chocolate. Provide a cool pitcher of water with sliced orange or the fruit of your choice.
- Menu: Put out assorted chocolates, a bowl of fresh berries and whipped cream and pound cake or white sponge cake. Serve them on pretty platters or cake stands and let your guests indulge!
- Tablescape: Buy a bunch of daisies, hydrangeas or any flower that’s on sale at your market. Any color will do as long as you like it, but stick with one type. From the bunch, create several small arrangements (you only need one or two flowers in each). Put them in vases or glasses of various heights and group them in a few different locations throughout the room. Add a candle to each grouping and keep the artificial lights low. This will give the room a “girly” feel.
- Music: You want your music to set the mood, not overpower the conversation. You may want to have some dance tunes on hand just in case the girls want to break out and dance!
COUPLES DINNER PARTY - 3rd Place
Hosting the couples for a dinner party is a wonderful way to celebrate the long lazy days of summer. However, it can be hard for you to sit down and enjoy it. So here's the plan; a menu for you from start to finish! Each item can be prepped ahead of time and/or grilled. This allows you to get out of the kitchen and enjoy the party! A great tip: always enlist the guys for grilling, it's a huge help and they love playing grill master - it's manly!
This menu incorporates the basics everyone loves, makes them affordable and easy to prepare then dresses them up for the party. Fresh summer produce and a Fired-Up Mixed Grill featuring steak and chicken are the stars.
- SUMMER MOSCOW MULE COCKTAIL
- GRILLED SUMMER BRUSCHETTA
- FIRED-UP MIXED GRILL (chicken breast and London Broil)
- GRILLED CORN COUSCOUS SALAD
- GRILLED POUND CAKE ALA MODE
To print out all the recipes for this amazing Outdoor Dinner Party FREE CLICK HERE>