Avoid a Summer Bummer: Plan a Staycation Party
When you just can’t seem to “get-away” to a vacation destination, don’t let it ruin your summer. Instead of planning a summer get-away, plan a “staycation” party. Decide on your dream vacation locale and then create the spirit of the region in your home or backyard.
Here are the bases to cover. Remember, this is an opportunity for you to share a destination dream with your guests, so stay true to your inspiration.
- Invitation – Set an exciting and festive tone right from the beginning with your invitation. Invite your guests to join you for a virtual vacation. Be creative and have guests wear something they would wear on vacation to this destination, i.e., hat, flip-flops, vacation inspired attire.
- Signature Cocktail – I love when I am offered a signature cocktail upon arriving at my destination. A festive cocktail is a great opportunity to help your guests transition from “real life” to “vacation mode”. Umbrellas, garnishes and fun glasses always say “vacation”.
- Menu – Plan a destination-inspired menu featuring dishes representative of the region.
- Décor – Use a variety of items to transform your backyard and/or home into your destination. Flowers and traditional elements of décor are effective ways to infuse your party with the look and feel of a locale.
- Music – Create a music list that evokes the spirit of the region while adding a festive flair.
For further inspiration check out the Party Bluprints Key West Staycation. Get your creative juices flowing and have some fun coming up with ideas such as a Hawaiian Luau or Southern California Beach Party.