Father's Day Gifts - Cool Picks
Regardless of whether I’m hosting Father’s Day or we are guests at the celebration, I always need multiple Father’s Day Gifts (my father, father-in-law, father of my children, godfathers to my children). However, this is no easy task, what do you buy men who don’t think they want/need anything? I always find myself seeking out gifts that they will not only use, but will make them feel good. Another criteria I have is to buy a gift they would never buy for themselves. Oh, and one more criteria – NO TIES/NO SHIRTS/NO TOOLS!
Here are my picks for Father’s Day gifts – there’s something for Dads of all ages here!
1. Fedora – Generations ago, hats were a standard piece of a man’s wardrobe - so dapper. As they add panache to any look, they’re sure to make a man stand a little taller and prouder. So glad they’re back in style.
2. E-book Reader - There are many on the market, do your research and choose one that has the features you're looking for and fits your gift giving budget. We bought the Kindle for my father and my husband two years ago, they both love it and use it all the time. My father, who is impossible to buy for, says it’s one of the best gifts he ever got. (Wow, the price has come down 66% from when I bought the Kindle!)
3. Daddy's Diaper Bag – This multi-purpose messenger bag is perfect for the new dad. He can fill it with diapers, wipes and formula when he’s on the move with baby and then empty it out and load it up with “his stuff”. I wish (and I’m sure my husband wishes) they had this around when he was a new dad – he had to make due with a backpack and a briefcase.
4. Kool Kicks – Every father should have a pair of cool and comfortable flip-flops to kick back in. They are the summer slipper!
5. Scotch Glasses – For the scotch man, these Villeroy & Boch glasses made specifically to enhance the experience of sipping scotch belong to the scotch drinker. Nobody else is messing with or using tHIS glass!
6. Swell Sunglasses - Ray-Ban has fashioned a modern version of the classic wayfarer sunglasses. My father wore these in the 60’s, my husband in the 80’s, and they're back again as one of summer's coolest accessories.
The bottom line is whatever gift you give the men in your life, give some thought to your selection. Despite what they may admit to, everyone loves a gift picked out just for them.
Finally, remember, a home cooked meal is a special gift from the heart for all the fathers in your family. If you are hosting this year, check out this easy to prepare Outdoor Party Grilling Menu.
Happy Father's Day!