Merrilee Mannerly Birthday Party Tips & Giveaway
From Mary Cashman and Cynthia Whipple, authors of "Merrilee Mannerly"
We’ve all been to a children’s birthday party where at least one child is in tears. So what’s the secret to throwing a party where all the kids have fun?
The secret is this: It doesn’t matter how elaborate the party is, what decorations you buy, what games you play or what’s in the goody bags. What’s really important is that each child feels included and appreciated.
Here are Merrilee Mannerly’s tips for a fun birthday party:
- Encourage the children to introduce themselves. When children are more comfortable with each other, they tend to have a better time.
- Plan your party games so that every child gets a turn. There’s nothing worse than seeing that one child who’s left out.
- Cupcakes are a great option! Children have limited patience. Think of that sad child who is waiting for that last slice of cake to be cut; how much will she appreciate being handed a cupcake with the rest of the guests.
- Remind your mini host or hostess that thought went into every gift, and everyone loves to be thanked.
- Whether large or small, expensive or budget, goody bags rule. They’re just that little extra touch that lets your guest know that you’re happy they came.
You could win a signed copy of Merrilee Mannerly & $100 to put toward your child's birthday party!