"Project Runway" Inspired Cocktails
Cheers to a NEW season of Project Runway. I just love this show and I'm always looking for an excuse to make it a party. When you think of Project Runway you probably think of cocktail dresses, not the kind you drink - right? Well, if you plan on celebrating on Thursday nights like me, here is a super simple party idea. Host a "SIP and SEE' Project Runway viewing party for fellow PR lovers and friends. Serve up fun and stylish cocktails and put out some nibbles so that no one is drinking on an empty stomach. Below are a few cocktail suggestions in honor of the show's judges.
1. In honor of the beautiful host, Heidi Klum...
German Bight Cocktail
- 1 oz Apple Schnapps
- 1/2 oz Barenfang® Honey Liqueur
- 1/3 oz Rosso Vermouth
- 1/3 oz Dry Vermouth
- 2 oz Pineapple Juice
- Shake, strain into a cocktail glass, and serve in a martini glass
2. Serve a classic and elegant cocktail as a trubute to Tim Gunn...
Classic Martini (for how to make a martini tips go>)
- 2 1/2oz gin or vodka
- Dash of dry vermouth.
- Shake or stir and serve cold with garnish.
3. Celebrate like Columbian born Nina Garcia...
- 1 bottle red wine (preferably Rioja - Spanish)
- ¼ cup brandy
- 2 T. lemon juice
- 2 T. orange juice
- 1 T. sugar
- 1 cup club soda
- orange slices
- Maraschino cherries
- Mix all ingredients (except orange slices and cherries) in a large pitcher. Stir with a wooden spoon until well mixed. Pour into large wine glasses. Garnish glasses with orange slices and cherries. If desired, you may add ice to pitcher.
4. Sip like Michael Kors...
Kors' favorite cocktail is Ketel One vodka on the rocks. "I wear black and I drink white" - source http://blog.neimanmarcus.com