Tips For A ‘William & Kate’ Movie Viewing Party
To mark the wedding of the century, Lifetime Television is making Monday night magic with "William & Kate", an original movie starring Nico Evers-Swindell as Prince William and actress Camilla Luddington as Kate Middleton. It will premiere April 18that 9 pm ET, just 11 days ahead of the actual April 29th royal wedding in London.
If you are not among the approximately 1,900 people who have been invited to the wedding at Westminster Abbey, host your own celebration. A ‘William & Kate” movie viewing party is a great reason to get together with the girls and celebrate this memorable event. Serve ‘cocktails and cupcakes’ in style, while you sit back and watch the story of Prince William and Kate Middleton's relationship to date. I was lucky enough to preview this movie and can say that Lifetime has served up a royal treat. There are lots of juicy tidbits about the couple’s romance, the paparazzi swarms, and the stories behind tabloid headlines like the see-through dress. The movie also gets real by showing the couple’s heart-wrenching struggle with their very public affair.
It can’t be easy dating the future king of England, but hosting a viewing party is simple. All eyes will be on the screen, so cocktails and cupcakes are perfect, especially for the post-dinner hour. Get the kids to bed, invite the girls over and watch in royal style. Here are some tips to get you started.
The Viewing Area
- Make sure your television is in good working order.
- Create a comfortable viewing area, so that all have a good view of the televised event. Bring in extra chairs, stools, ottomans, beanbag chairs, and over-sized pillows to intermingle with existing seating.
- Place cozy blankets on the backs of sofas and chairs - treat your guests like royalty.
- Make sure your have plenty of surfaces and coasters to set glasses and plates on while viewing.
- Prepare and display beverages and food ahead of guests’ arrival, so you can enjoy the ladies and the party.
Beefeater Royal Punch
Serve a Royal Cocktail to your guests. Mixologist, Dan Warner, of Beefeater (the iconic British liquor brand that adorns their bottles with exact replicas of the Beefeaters who guard the Tower of London) created a special Royal Punch with the bride and groom-to-be in mind. Punch is perfect for parties, you can mix this up before the ladies arrive and you will be able to sit and enjoy the show while everyone sips in style!
- 2 parts Beefeater London Dry Gin
- 1 part Dubonnet (This is a nod to Queen Elizabeth, who “was known to enjoy gin and Dubonnet as an apertif,” notes Warner)
- 1 part pomegranate juice (“It represents marriage.”)
- 2 parts fresh lemonade (American style)
- Angostura bitters to taste
- Serve in a large punch bowl (or a large, deep casserole dish) and garnish with wheels of lemon and lime, mint sprigs and pomegranate seeds.
- Chill the punch with lots of regular ice cubes or make your own fruit ice cubes by freezing orange and lemon slices with water in a plastic container (ice cream tub or similar).
As a sweet treat and a tribute to English tradition, bake Teacup Cakes for the ladies to nibble on. They make a perfect viewing party treat because they are neat to eat!
Recipe and instructions at The Party Bluprints Blog >>