5 Ways to Get Fit for Summer
Today, the temperature hit 100 degrees in Philly. If that isn't a reminder that summer is here, I don't know what is! The heat brings a wardrobe makeover - it's time to trade in those sweats and bulky sweaters for the form showing clothes of summer.
It's time to pull out the tank tops, bathing suits, short shorts, and flip flops.
These skimpier summer threads are a big reminder and motivator for me to tone the body and turn up my fitness levels. But just because it's summer doesn't mean I have any more time to exercise - although longer daylight hours and warmer weather certainly make it easier to get active.
Here are five simple ways to get fit for summer that don't require you to really alter your regular routines but still get you moving.
And if you don't like the heat, I try to squeeze in several exercises at home in front of the TV and in the comfort of the A/C.
Get Fit For Summer:
1. Ab it up while your watching TV. Do this daily if you can. 4 sets of 25 work great. More are even better!
2. Reintroduce yourself to your set of dumb-bells. I use 8 lb weights to do bicep and tricep curls while watching TV three times per week. I do 3 different exercises and do 3 sets of 15 reps. It takes me less then 10 minutes!
3. Take a family bike ride. The kids will love riding along or if they are little riding in a bike trailer.
4. Take a family hike - everyone loves exploring the woods or a shady river trail.
5. Walk along side your kidlets while they ride their scooters at the park or in the neighborhood. You can tell just how thrilled my daughter is that I'm letting her scoot in the park vs. our driveway!