Breast Cancer Awareness
Breast Cancer Q & A of the Day: If no one in my family has had breast cancer, can I still get it?
Lifetime Moms is partnering with the Dr. Susan Love Research Foundation and their Army of Women initiative to help accomplish their goal of eradicating breast cancer. Join the Army today and become part of an online database to receive research updates and volunteer opportunities. It's simple and free. Lifetime will donate $1 for every recruit referred by Lifetime Moms. Learn more >>
Yes, you can. When women learn that breast cancer can be a genetic disease, they often think this means it is a disease that must be inherited. But that's not the case. A genetic disease is one that is caused by a genetic mutation that is either inherited or arises spontaneously. Only about 30 percent of the women who develop breast cancer have a family history of the disease. The other 70 percent have what is called a "sporadic occurrence." This means there is no known family history of the disease.
***A&E Television Networks, LLC ("A+E") does not endorse, and A+E and the contributors to Lifetime Moms are not responsible for the accuracy or reliability of any review, opinion, advice, statement or other information on Lifetime Moms. Lifetime Moms contributors are not necessarily experts on any topic. It is your responsibility to evaluate the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any such content.
This post is courtesy of the Dr. Susan Love Research Foundation, dedicated to eradicating breast cancer and improving the quality of women's health through innovative research, education and advocacy.To support this important cause and donate, visit www.dslrf.org