"Fit & Healthy" 2009 Holiday Gift Guide
We're so excited to be able to feature lovely products that embody the meaning of "Body & Soul" for a Gift Guide on the Fit & Healthy channel. Over the next several days, we'll be highlighting gifts from five different categories that give you something new and different to give this holiday season. We have fitness, food, and spa items, as well as eco friendly items and items just for the soul. All gifts to keep your body and mind fit and healthy! Today we're giving you a sneak peak, highlighting our top picks in each category.
- SPA -- Our top choice in the "spa" category, is the beautiful body care from Belletare. This is an organic high performance skin care that made my body HAPPY and radiant as I used it. Their body gel, body scrub and body lotion are pure decadence. Their products:
Are all-natural, cruelty- free, and include superior natural and certified-organic ingredients. · Include powerful antioxidants, botanical extracts, essential fatty acids and vitamins · Use only pure ingredients – never any synthetic fragrances, parabens, petro-chemicals, or anything toxic. · Are always packaged in recyclable/reusable materials.
Belletare, which means"to beautify" in 16th century Italian, is heaven in a bottle. Everything a perfect spa gift should be, right?
Buy it! Belletare is offering 20% off orders over $25. The code needed at check out is YGCTW. It's an exclusive for Lifetime Moms!
Win it! Belletare is giving away the Vivace gift set pictured above, go here to enter!
- FOOD -- Our top choice in the "food" category is the amazingly delicious but also soul enriching Intentional Chocolate. Ever heard that food was "made with love"? Well this company takes it seriously. All their chocolate is made with this in mind:
"Whoever consumes this chocolate will manifest optimal health and functioning at physical, emotional and mental levels, and in particular will enjoy an increased sense of energy, vigor and well-being for the benefit of all beings."
I was certainly in love after receiving this Peace package, the dark chocolate raspberry triangles and the milk chocolate pistoles seemed to bring peace along with them, for sure. Of course the incredible ingredients don't hurt:
Ingredients: 100% Hawaiian Vintage Chocolate -- "among the best chocolate in the world" according to the New York Times. Milk chocolate is 28% cocoa made from cocoa beans, cocoa butter, cane sugar, lecithin and vanilla. Dark chocolate is 68% cocoa mass. Apparel is 100% organic cotton.
Take a look at all the Intentional Chocolate gifts and let me know which ones you buy!
Buy it! Intentional Chocolate is offering 10% off all orders, use code LTMOMS01
- LIFE -- Our top choice in the "Life" category is the perfection of the cinda b Overnighter bag. This category evolved as we began to realize that part of the "Body & Soul" gift giving is things that just make you happy inside and out. As a mom, a great versatile bag, that is stylish, can be used for MANY things, and yes, is even machine washable, really does make my soul just glow. The cinda b Overnighter is part of a collection by designer Cinda Boomershine that includes bags little to large, in choices of patterns that are hip and modern. My favorite, the Ravinia Black (pictured) has beauty inside and out. I'm simply in love with this bag, in no small part because it got me through a 900 mile road trip with my 3 boys a few weeks ago. It's the perfect size, light as a feather, and I never worry about stains. I could definitely stand to add the Diaper Pouch and Pad, the Resorter and the entire bathroom set to my collection. Seeing as the Ravinia Black pattern is on sale right now, that shouldn't be too hard!
I can't wait for you to gift someone in your life with a bit of cinda b!
Buy it! cinda b is offering free shipping for online orders from 11/27/09-11/29/09 on orders $100+. Enter code SHIP4FREE
- ECO FRIENDLY -- Our top choice in the "Eco Friendly" category is the lovely artisans behind the Etsy Earth Team. This group has banded together to promote their Etsy products that are kind to our planet and our bodies. Here is what I got to sample (great stocking stuffers!):
Posh Pads - Organic nursing pads made from bamboo? Yes please. These are soft and lovely and mold to your body. Just wash and wear, and say no to disposable pads from now on.
The Green Eaters - Adorable book for children, tells the story of five farm animals who dream of a life outside their factory farm. My boys couldn't get enough of this precious story! Along with it, this soft and sweet organic bib for babies to learn about natural living too.
Green Springs Body Works - I have been using these two products on my face and it's like my face is finally happy after 30+ years. The Rose Face Food goes on after the Rose Toner, and their ingredients include antioxidants, organic oils, organic rose hydrosol and rose essential oil to give it a sweet floral scent, and is suitable for all skin types. My sensitive skin is very happy!
SMQ Organics Bamboo Blanket - This product has been catching my eye for some time. I can't wait to use these SO soft receiving blankets on a sweet little baby someday. The organic cotton and bamboo make it hypoallergenic and machine washable. One of the softest fabrics on earth, they're great for baby and our planet!
Kitten in the Engine Organic Tees -- These T-shirts are not only organic with hand made designs, but have what the artist calls "tender but tough" art on them. This Butterfly Survived A Thunderstorm is one of my most fav's. And oh yes...she did.
Check out the other stores who've teamed up to become a part of the Etsy Earth team, gorgeous handmade items that help keep the planet and ourselves, healthy.
Win it! The Etsy Earth team is giving away a gift package with EVERYTHING pictured above, go here to enter!
- FITNESS -- Our top choice in the "Fitness" category is the Nintendo Wii Fit Plus. This is definitely not just another Wii Fit with a fancy new name, the upgrades are actually very cool. I was able to compare the Wii Fit my sister owned with the new Wii Fit Plus Nintendo sent me, and the difference is outstanding. The customized daily workouts really spice things up for me, I love doing different exercises, and I love to not have to think about them too much as a busy mom short on time. I also really liked that I can just tell the Wii that I only have 15 minutes to spare, and it helps me choose a workout for just that. Even better, if you already own the Wii Fit, the upgrade is only 19.99.
I hope you've enjoyed our top picks, stay tuned for the rest of the Body & Soul Gift Guide where we feature even more amazing items!